Toya's Tales Straight From My Wardrobe: Trend Watch: Neon Part 1




 I was sitting here reading yet another article about Spring trends and how to incorporate them into your wardrobe, which made me wonder if I could achieve similar looks without spending any additional funds. Over the years I have amassed a pretty decent collection of basics and a few key trendy pieces. So I figure I have enough to work with. I will try my best to list who made the item and it's price range if the information is still available. It goes without saying I might not be able to credit all designers because some of the pieces I may use in this feature in the future may no longer be produced or to old for my memory to recollect.

So to kick off my new experiment I decided to tackle the hottest trend right now for Spring: Neon. As an artist in my work I am drawn to colors. The more vibrant the color is the more it inspires me. When it comes to clothes I enjoy that kind of vibrancy on the runway or in print, but not always up close and personal. I knew this might be a difficult challenge because I only have a couple of items that could fit the bill. Below is the basic look I came up with. I have shown the look two different ways. One set of accessories is an inspired day look, and the second set is a transitional look into evening or cocktail hour.

   BASIC LOOK:

Dress: Old Navy Linen Shirt Dress( this season) approx. $24.95, Belt: Forever 21Woven Belt approx. $7.95
Dress: Old Navy Linen Shirt Dress( this season) approx. $24.95, Belt: Forever 21Woven Belt approx. $7.95

Forever 21 Woven Belt
Forever 21 Woven Belt

       DAY ACCESSORIES
Handbag: Gap approx. $14.95
Handbag: Gap approx. $14.95

Shoes: Old Navy approx. $9.95, Bangles: GoJane Faux-Leather  approx. $4.95 ea, Earrings: Forever 21 approx. $4.95
Shoes: Old Navy approx. $9.95, Bangles: GoJane Faux-Leather  approx. $4.95 ea, Earrings: Forever 21 approx. $4.95

Bangles: GoJane Faux-Leather  approx. $4.95 ea
Bangles: GoJane Faux-Leather  approx. $4.95 ea 

Earrings: Forever 21 approx. $4.95
Earrings: Forever 21 approx. $4.95


 








Shop for 2013 NFL Women's Jerseys and Fashion Apparel at NFLShop.com

Popular Posts