Sophisticated Tomboy

I love when an outfit has an element of boyish or masculine style. I think it adds a surprising and sexy edge when a woman wears something a little unexpected. There is an assumption that if you are a tomboy you can not possibly be interested in fashion, but I think Gwen Stefani and fashion darling Jenna Lyons have proven naysayers wrong. They are the perfect examples of sophisticated tomboys.


Gwen Stefani
Gwen Stefani 


Jenna Lyons
Jenna Lyons

So for today's outfit of the day I wanted to present a casual version of the look. 
Today's set is dedicated to the women who are self aware, energetic, boisterous, worldly, knowledgeable, comfortably fashionable, and know how to rock it on their own terms.



Sophisticated Tomboy

Comments

  1. cute looks!
    I love gwen stefani's outfit!

    Love
    Karlien

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes her outfit has that cool schoolboy vibe.

      Delete
  2. Yes Karlien, I like Gwen Stefani's look too.

    I'm having trouble visualising this one LaToya. Those overalls confuse me. I keep thinking of the Dexy's MIdnight Runners, 'Come on Eileen' look, rather than what you are trying to present to us here. I do like the top though. That would work well with Gwen Stefani's leather trousers...!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a casual interpretation of the sophisticated tomboy look. Overalls have come back and they are a huge trend right now. Plus denim overalls used to be considered something only men would wear to work so it fits into the whole tomboy theme. The Saint Laurent t-shirt and accessories add the feminine elegance to the outfit.

      Delete
  3. I really like Jenna Lyons her outfit! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the tomboyish look! Jeans with heels is always nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is a cute and comfortable combo

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog