Wild Thing (Denim Style)

Today's outfit of the day was inspired by the image of the girl below with bold blue streaks in her hair. At this point in my life I'm not daring enough to replicate her hair color, but I admired her moxie. So I decided to capture the spirit of her look by styling an outfit around it. The main takeaways from her look that I wanted to use were stripes, layering, and the many variations of color. It is a fun look with a lot of visual interest.


Wild Thing (Denim Style)

Wild Thing (Denim Style) by latoyacl featuring a blue skirt

BCBGMAXAZRIA Agda Crewneck Long-Sleeve Tee (Buy Here)
Gap Women 1969 Denim Jacket (Buy Here)
Opening Ceremony Stripe Skirt (Buy Here)
Luxury Rebel Sammy High Heels (Buy Here)
Alexander McQueen Blue Leather Skull Satchel (Buy Here)










ALEX AND ANI

Comments

  1. Yes, those items would work nicely with that hairstyle & colouring. Surprisingly, I rather like the blue streaks in the hair. Works well with blonde.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really does look good against the platinum blonde hair. I wouldn't like it as much on a brunette unless a different streaking technique is applied.

      Delete
  2. Love it! Matches perfect with her hairstyle. I love every detail yasss!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I was trying to make sure the look complemented the hair.

      Delete
  3. I told my husband I want to streak my hair like that girl...he not so gently reminded me that I am a middle age mother. LOL! Denim is HUGE now, I see it everywhere and for good reason too. It's a very chic look and most people can easily pull it off.

    Shireen | Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes denim is a true style staple, and an American classic! On a side note for your hubby: Being bold has no age limit as long as it reflects your distinct and beautiful personality!

      Delete
  4. I actually really like this outfit! I am not sure how I would feel about having my hair like that (although I can admire it on other people) but the handbag for this one is especially nice. And I love the shirt and skirt! Great picks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even though you tend to like the classics Olivia I can see you have a bit of rebel in you if you are drawn to that Alexander McQueen handbag. At a first glance it it simple but upon a closer glance you have a skull closure.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog