Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Standout Style

Today in Milwaukee it is a hot and humid 88 degrees, and on a day like this I want the minimal amount of clothing on as possible. The key for me when dealing with this type of weather is to make sure I'm cute and appropriate ( meaning no butt cleavage for me). So if I wear a dress it has to at least cover the naughty bits while still highlighting my fashion sense. That is why I was really loving this bold tribal print dress from Missguided. I couldn't resist adding a pop of color with a bright neon clutch. Throw in chic two-tone shades and gladiator sandals to showcase your standout style.

Standout Style

Standout Style by latoyacl featuring Comme des Garçons 



Missguided Strappy Black Swing Dress (Buy Here) 
Zerouv Oversize Two Tone Sunglasses (Buy Here) 
Comme Des Garcons New Super Fluo Purse (Buy Here) 
Ancient Greek Rhodes Sandal (Buy Here)  

***SPECIAL GIVEAWAY***
 
I received a full size bottle of Maybelline Superstay Better Skin Foundation in Warm Honey to review but it does not match my skin color so I decided to give it away to one lucky Toya's Tales fan. If you would like to find out more about the giveaway (click here) .


DOTW  300x250

9 comments:

  1. I love this look! I actually have a pair of Ancient Greek sandals that I haven't ever worn yet. Bought them a couple summers ago. Just haven't really known how to style them, until now!
    I love your video!! It's so fun to get to see/hear you! So many of my blogger friends are doing YouTube now, but I just can't get up the courage to try it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I honestly hope you'll find the courage to do YouTube videos, Myra! I love YouTube videos because it feels nice to hear a fellow blogger friend talk...that being said, I rather chop my left foot than do a video. I am freaking awkward in front of the camera and asking me to talk on a video who left me frozen. Haha!

      Delete
    2. Thank You Myra. It is my first video and it shows, lol. I'm really camera shy so I came off a little stilted and dry but will hopefully get better over time.

      Delete
  2. The prints on this dress reminds me of an African print, its very pretty.

    www.stylenbeautylounge.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It reminded me of African prints as well. It was the main reason I was drawn to the dress.

      Delete
  3. Yes, I rather like that LaToya. Yellow and grey works nicely. Why is it called a swing dress...?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most swing dresses Have a rounded circular and fuller bottom so when you move or twirl it swings around you. Not sure why the designer named it that since it is not cut like the standard swing dress.

      Delete
  4. It's so lovely to finally listening and see you in a YouTube video, LaToya! I honestly hope you'll do more in the future. xx

    Shireen | Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I have to get up enough courage to do it again but I am determined to step out of my comfort zone.

      Delete