Rave Fashion - Coachella Music Festival Style (My 6 Favorite Denim Mini Skirts)

This weekend kicked off one of the biggest music festivals here in the United States in Indio, California. I'm sure most of you fashionistas from around the world have heard of the Coachella Music Festival where fashion, music and art collides. Your favorite starlets, celebrities, models and bloggers converge to check out each other's style and to rock out to the hottest musical acts. Lately my social media feeds have been overrun with pictures from this year's event and it got me thinking that if I had attended this year what would be my must-have items. Today's set showcases a few items that will keep you looking stylish while attending a similar event. 

Natural Hair/Minimal Makeup: At outdoor festivals you are usually packed into a hot sweaty crowd. It would save a lot of time and effort to wear your hair closest to its natural state as possible. No need to risk damaging your hair with styling tools when you will have to deal with the elements. The same goes for your makeup. Keep it to the bare minimum since you will not have the time to refresh and touch-up as much. Plus you will most likely not have enough room in your bag to haul around beauty supplies. 

Light Fabric That Breathes: Whatever you choose to wear make sure that it is easy to move around in and that the fabric breathes and allows air to circulate freely. I would choose something that is sleeveless as well to keep the overheating to a minimum.

Denim Skirt: This one is really for me. One of my must-haves this spring/summer is a denim skirt. One remixed in an unusual way. I'm really hunting for one with appliques, embroidery or patches. This would add a funky vibe to your music festival style. 

Cross Body Bag: Small enough to hold the essentials, hugs the body and keeps your valuables tucked away safely. Hard to loose stuff when it is slung right over your body. 

Sunglasses: Cool enough to show off your personality but dark enough to protect your eyes from the glaring sun. 

Comfortable Shoes: Leave the heels at home. Maybe you can get away with a low wedge but why bother when you will be walking and on your feet all day. Try flats, sneakers, flatforms or combat boots for a trendy alternative.


Rave Fashion - Coachella Music Festival Style

Rave Fashion - Coachella Music Festival Style by latoyacl featuring a mini crossbody purse  



A.L.C.  Dan Striped Top (Buy Here) 
House of Holland Denim Skirt With Lace Overlay (Buy Here) 
Wood Wood Virgo Sunglasses (Buy Here) 
Yoins Cross Body Bag (Buy Here) 
Adidas Originals Stan Smith Leather Trainers (Buy Here) 


Below are a few more of my favorite denim skirts that are perfect for the music festival season. 

My 6 Favorite Denim Mini Skirts
Topshop (Buy Here)

My 6 Favorite Denim Mini Skirts
Topshop (Buy Here)

My 6 Favorite Denim Mini Skirts
River Island (Buy Here)

My 6 Favorite Denim Mini Skirts
Victoria Beckham (Buy Here)

My 6 Favorite Denim Mini Skirts
Diesel (Buy Here)

Comments

  1. Love these skirts! Amazing selection.
    Kisses, Raysa

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your picks! I can't believe denim skirts are back again. I wish I would have just kept mine from middle school lol

    COLLEENWELSCH.COM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol me too. If you invest in another one make sure to keep it just in case, lol.

      Delete
  3. Denim skirts are all the rage in music festivals! They look so cool too!

    xx Bash |   go say   H E Y   B A S H

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they are. Maybe because they are feminine and casual at the same time.

      Delete
  4. Una bella selezione!
    Baci,
    Marina
    http://www.maridress.it

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great advices and beautiful selection, Toya!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Solya! Can't wait to see what you are cooking up on your blog today.

      Delete
  6. Loved the first one 馃榾
    http://freshfacebeauty.in

    ReplyDelete
  7. Replies
    1. Everyone loves that one. It seems to be the most popular find.

      Delete
  8. It's very rare that I like everything that is featured in a post but I love all your selections here, LaToya!

    Shireen | Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, I never realised that denim minis could be this versatile.
    Fantastic post :)

    XoXo Noma

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right! Designers are stepping up their game.

      Delete
  10. La falda de topshop me encanta!
    http://www.elblogdesilvia.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved that Topshop skirt too. Patches are all the rage.

      Delete
  11. Very chic and cute skirts! So many denim styles today, your choices are fantastic

    Http://leftbankgirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! There are so many styles to choose from now-a-days so it makes it easier to find one that works perfectly for you.

      Delete
  12. The patches on skirt looks nice for coachella
    Lovin your picks,

    The Bandwagon Chic | Instagram | Bloglovin | Snapchat: bandwagonchic

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a perfect for one for Coachella. Plus I'm obsessed with patches right now so it is a must-have for me.

      Delete
  13. Nice the stripped one ;)

    xx
    M贸nica Sors
    MES VOYAGES 脌 PARIS
    NEW POST: KNIT SKIRT: HOW TO WEAR

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree it could be totally dressed up or down depending on the occasion.

      Delete
  14. Nice styles. I do love denim skirts! Gemma x
    www.jacquardflower.uk

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a great selection here, girlie! I love the first one especially, I'm really loving the patchwork trend this season! Thanks so much for sharing and I hope you're having the best start to your week so far!

    XO,

    Jalisa
    www.thestylecontour.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so far my week is good.I am so surprised everyone loved that one the best.

      Delete
  16. I really like your selection what is essential for music festival, especially I totally agree with you when it comes to cross body bags and natural hairstyle ;)

    http://crafty-zone.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those are the two most important tips to stay safe and comfortable.

      Delete
  17. Nice selection!
    xx

    http://losaway.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  18. These are great tips and items for a festival! I'd like to buy a denim skirt with patches on as well. Love your pick from Topshop and the House of Holland skirt.
    ~Lili
    www.thefashionsalt.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It takes a bit of forethought but these basic tips will make your experience more enjoyable.

      Delete
  19. i so wish i could go to coachella, that's definitely on my bucket list. love your picks!!!

    xo, Carla
    www.carlaviolet.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Absolutely beautiful! :)

    Layla xx

    http://www.sprinklesofstyle.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  21. Music festival or not I would definitely wear your picks! I ADORE this House of Holland denim skirt, the topshop ones are pretty good too (and cheaper). Great selection dear.
    xoxo
    Aurelie | http://www.surface85.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes the Topshop ones are way more affordable than the House of Holland skirt but the craftsmanship on the HOH skirt is more my taste.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My 9 Favorite Colorful Coats For Winter