Bring The Tropics Home

Today is the first day of summer and I am happy it is officially the start of the season. If you have been following my blog over the years you already know that this is my favorite time of the year. I become energized and animated every time I get a chance to absorb some of the sun's invigorating rays. Now that summer is upon us I am inspired by all types of images of home decor that is inspired by the season.  

Bring The Tropics Home
Bring The Tropics Home
The image above was one of my favorite examples of how to let summer and a tropical influence guide you in decorating your home. This seating area is luxurious, textural, vibrant and eye catching. I thought it was absolutely fab and not something you usually see. If you are hesitant to give such a bold aesthetic a try you can always pick and choose elements that work for you and apply it to your favorite sun filled space. Below are a few furniture and home accessories that will help bring the tropics into your home.




Bring The Tropics Home

Bring The Tropics Home by latoyacl featuring Arteriors   




Vintage Martinique Banana Leaf Wallpaper By Don Loper 
Cembra Wallpaper (Buy Here)  
Arteriors Rook Pendant (Buy Here) 
Imperial Bird Print (Buy Here) 
E By Design Tropical Floral Print Throw Pillow (Buy Here) 
Palecek Ella Lounge Chair (Buy Here)  





Plum Pretty Sugar- Girl Gang

Comments

  1. Waw such a cool post! I really love these photos, good job! ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡
    Check my blog HERE

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cool idea - this interior looks great and I adore tropical prints!

    jointyicroissanty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I adore them too and I'm not afraid of a large scale print so this works for me.

      Delete
  3. I have seen a lot of these tropical prints around and I like them. Maybe I will pick up some pilots after the move.

    Linda, Libra, Loca: Beauty, Baby and Backpacking

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah ha the big move is imminent. Are you doing major redecorating when you move into your new home?

      Delete
  4. I LOVE that seating area, everything works so well together in balancing out the bold accent wall! I, of course, favor it because it has somewhat of a '70s feel to it, with a modern touch, love! I also love that you provided some alternatives to creating the same vibe in a way that's more accommodating to a variety of style choices. Such a great post, as always, LaToya! I hope you're having a wonderful Monday so far and thanks so much for sharing!

    XO,

    Jalisa
    www.thestylecontour.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does have a bit of a Palm Beach seventies vibe. Very retro cool.

      Delete
  5. The wall paper is a tad bit too much for me but I love the print on the pillow, that would look great on my sofa.

    Shireen | Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know a large scale print isn't for everyone so I made sure to offer some alternatives for achieving the same vibe. That particular pillow works great indoors or outdoors.

      Delete
  6. Personally I'm huge fan of tropical prints too - as you mentioned, they're great during summer ;D I'm so in love with that wall paper, it's terrific :)

    http://crafty-zone.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That wallpaper is so fab. The original featured is vintage but I made sure to provide some modern alternatives.

      Delete
  7. Love this!!

    www.moorehisstyle.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Exactly what I love at the moment! tropical <3

    http://notforordinary.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I am so obsessed with tropical prints for the home and in fashion.

      Delete
  9. What a beautiful print!
    Have a lovely day :)
    Rosanna x
    Rose's Rooftop

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog