Office Style - Creative Whimsy

Today's outfit is based off this beautifully whimsical and feminine office space. I was drawn to the mix of prints and the colorful accents. The room was modern and trendy. I liked how the designer was able to balance the space by making it very functional and fun. 

Office Style - Creative Whimsy
Office Style - Creative Whimsy

So to create today's outfit of the day the key elements I took from the inspiration image were a neutral color palette with pops of color, a mix of prints and I had to make sure that the end result had a bit of whimsy to it. At first creating the outfit was a bit of a challenge because even though the room had a lot of eye catching prints it was still subtle. So to try to find that balance in an outfit was challenging. I did not want the prints to be overpowering or distracting from the overall vibe so I was very pleased when I found this knit top with a pretty embroidered collar and striped a-line skirt. To add the necessary dose of color I accessorized the look with pink round sunglasses and a chic shoulder bag. The end result was amazing and perfectly captured the vibe of the inspiration image.


Office Style - Creative Whimsy

Office Style - Creative Whimsy by latoyacl featuring hand bags 


Red Valentino Embroidered Collar Ribbed Knit Top (Buy Here) 
MSGM Striped A-Line Skirt (Buy Here) 
Quay Australia Dynasty Sunglasses (Buy Here) 
Alexander McQueen Flower Leather Shoulder Bag (Buy Here) 
Rebecca Minkoff Brooke Heel (Buy Here) 





Shoes Sale Up to 60%Off  2016

Comments

  1. Wow, LaToya, you nailed it with this look! The embroidery on the top even features a pop of the blue that's in the seat and vibrant pink that's found in the lamp! I appreciate how you draw inspiration in the most unconventional ways to create an outfit, I try and do the same. I often find color pairing inspiration in random objects that I find are appealing. Great job, girlie, you really have a fine eye for art and know how to depict it's various forms! I hope you're having a great week so far and thanks so much for sharing!

    XO,

    Jalisa
    www.thestylecontour.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jalisa! You really have a great eye for noticing the small touches and detail.

      Delete
  2. I love how you drew inspiration from something so unconventional!
    xo
    Siffat
    http://icingandglitter.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is the most unconventional things is life that I find the most interesting.

      Delete
  3. I swear QUAY sunglasses is taking the blogsphere by storm, I see the brand everywhere these days!

    Shireen | Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they are. They are the go to brand for the summer.

      Delete
  4. Great selection as always!:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving this office inspired post babe! Considering I work at an office and spend most of my time there, I'm always looking for office wear inspiration. Also loving the home office decor you shared! So obsessed with jeweled tones right now

    Xoxo Rina
    www.andshedressed.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jewel tones are everything.I think they are the most flattering on all skin shades.

      Delete
  6. I love it ❤❤❤ very inspiring post dear !!!

    Have a wonderful weekend dear,
    Kisses

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is lovely - love looking through different office styles :)

    Layla xx

    http://www.sprinklesofstyle.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. A great office space can keep you motivated and inspired.

      Delete
  8. So cute! That would make such a lovely editorial shot

    COLLEENWELSCH.COM

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like this look and its point of inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fun space! I just love the pop of colors here. Something that will makes it fun and hip. Just so lovely! xx

    http://www.prettyweirdbombshell.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You summed the office space up perfectly: fun and hip. The pops of color keeps the eye moving around the space.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My 9 Favorite Colorful Coats For Winter