Beauty And The Beat - Darling You Are Fabulous

Hello lovelies! Today I'm going to get a little bit personal. Over the five years or so that I have had my blog I rarely center my daily post around myself because my mission has always been to celebrate and showcase the beautiful things that have captured my attention whether it pertains to fashion, beauty, interiors or art. My blog has always been part shopping guide, inspirational and aspirational. It has never been a personal style blog but occasionally I will feature myself if I feel moved to share something and today is one of those days. Over the last several years the dialogue has started to shift on what is considered "beautiful". Unfortunately for decades the media, advertisers, fashion designers and magazines have consistently only shown a very specific and narrow definition of who they considered beautiful which made many women feel like they were not worthy because a majority of us did not fit the mold or were discouraged because they never saw anyone like them represented. When bloggers came into prominence we started to change the conversation because we represented a diverse group of beauties that more people could relate to. As the blogosphere has grown over the years I have been very pleased to see the wide array of women who feel confident enough to share their thoughts, style and unique points of view. Now the world is starting to take notice and it has even forced magazines and advertisers to change their approach and to start showcasing a variety of women from different backgrounds, ethnicity and body sizes. My message to you today is, " Darling you are fabulous "! No matter what people say you have to know this and believe this for yourself because the world will not do it for you. We have to learn to love everything about ourselves in order to pass that message on to our daughters, mothers, sisters and friends. We have to learn to shake off the negativity and own who we are with our heads held high. For today's post I am practicing what I preach and showcasing my basic makeup routine. I am known to notoriously avoid the camera because I am an extremely private person but in order to spread my positive message of self love I had to lead by example. So I urge you today to say f*ck it and shake the haters off !!!



Beauty And The Beat - Darling You Are Fabulous www.toyastales.blogspot.com #ToyasTales





Maybelline SuperStay Better Skin Foundation in Coconut (Buy Here) 
NYC Smooth Skin Loose Powder Foundation (Buy Here) 
Sephora Collection Long Lasting Kohl Pencil (Buy Here) 
Maybelline Lash Sensational Luscious Mascara (Buy Here) 
Colourpop Ultra Matte Lips in LAX (Buy Here)  







Popular Posts