My Favorites From The Clover Canyon SS 2016 Collection

Designer Rozae Nichols was inspired by weeds for Clover Canyon's spring/summer collection. Yes you heard that right ... weeds. Just so there is not any confusion I am not talking about the kind you smoke but the kind we spend all summer trying to kill in our yards. Designers are known to find inspiration in the most unusual places but from what I can recall I do not remember any other designer being so intrigued with the pervasive and hardy plant. Nichols was inspired by their ability to survive in urban environments despite our human attempts to eradicate them. I never imagined such a lovely collection could come from something we usually perceive as ugly and unsightly. It was quite a revelation. 

My Favorites From The Clover Canyon SS 2016 Collection www.toyastales.blogspot.com
Favorite !!!!

My Favorites From The Clover Canyon SS 2016 Collection www.toyastales.blogspot.com


My Favorites From The Clover Canyon SS 2016 Collection www.toyastales.blogspot.com


My Favorites From The Clover Canyon SS 2016 Collection www.toyastales.blogspot.com
Favorite !!!!

My Favorites From The Clover Canyon SS 2016 Collection www.toyastales.blogspot.com
Favorite !!!!










JewelryCandles.com - A Hidden Jewel Inside Every Candle!

Comments

  1. Hello dear! How is it great that this designer was inspired by weeds, I have never guessed that looking at this collection! But yes, I have to say that I'm impressed, I love first and the last outfit! :)

    http://crafty-zone.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can see the direct influence of the weeds in the shoes most definitely. Also since wildflowers are also part of the weed family you can see the reference to it in the prints of the clothing, especially in outfits #1, #2 and #5. Wildflowers (weeds) also attract a variety of butterflies as well so you can see where she used the butterfly motif in the last couple of outfits. With designers it is not always interpreted in such a direct way that is where their creativity and their personal view points intertwine with their inspiration. It is not always literal.

      Delete
  2. Really impressed!! Loving the collection!
    Dora www.BangsBang.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved the collection as well. It was really pretty.

      Delete
  3. Great post my friend, thanks for sharing! <3 - http://www.domesticgeekgirl.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love when inspiration comes from the most unlikely place. This is a lovely collection, and would definitely wear the white outfit with matching printed cardigan. /Madison
    FASHION TALES

    ReplyDelete
  5. How stunning is that peplum top? I'm loving this brand! xx

    http://www.thatnewdress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is gorgeous and I'm digging the sheer detail.

      Delete
  6. nice collection darling!
    pls see my new post!
    http://highheelpoodl.blogspot.rs/2016/07/fluo.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful collection! I love all of these pieces!

    Florals&Smiles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree it was a beautiful collection. Very charming.

      Delete
  8. I'm really delighted by this collection! First set is my fav, but also the third is gorgeous!:)

    jointyicroissanty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great picks and you can't go wrong with either one.

      Delete
  9. I'm not much of a pattern or bright colours girl but gosh, the outfits are so pretty! So bright and bold and super unique <3

    xx   B A S H   |   go say   H E Y   B A S H

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Clover Canyon is known for their beautifully bold prints but they do offer some pretty solids as well.

      Delete
  10. These pieces are beautiful! I love the second dress :)
    xoxo

    Ileana

    Novelstyle Blog

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog