Coral Color Bomb

I am having a love affair with the color coral right now. One of my favorite colors is orange so it makes sense that I would naturally gravitate towards the orangey red hue. I know a lot of people tend to only rock the color during warmer weather but I am a fan of wearing it all year round. Since I already own clothing in this beautiful hue I decided to step out of my box and try a makeup look using the color.


Coral Color Bomb www.toyastales.blogspot.com #coral #motd #makeuptrends #fashionblogger #beautytrends


Even though it is not a look I would rock on a daily basis I was pleasantly surprised with the results. The coral color actually brightened up my face and in my opinion, it made me appear younger as well. I would probably wear this look during a fun night out because it is a bit too colorful for my daily routine, but it was a nice change from my usual neutral color palette.


Coral Color Bomb www.toyastales.blogspot.com #coral #motd #makeuptrends #fashionblogger #beautytrends


The biggest thing I had to adjust to when executing this look was getting used to a different lipstick color. If you are a long time reader of my blog then you already know that it is hard to pry my wine/burgundy lipstick shade out of my hands. It is a color that I have been wearing since I was a teen but trying a new makeup routine was an eye opener and I realized that I have been in a makeup rut for the past decade. When I was in my twenties I always bought and tried new makeup colors. My makeup bag used to look like a rainbow exploded in it and I used to be really good at applying it and trying out new trends. For some reason as soon as I entered into my thirties I just settled into a makeup routine that was simple and basic and most importantly easy to achieve in less than twenty minutes. I guess over the years I got too comfortable and since I have my 38th birthday approaching on August 8th it has made me reconsider how I approach makeup. I made myself a promise to have a little fun with my look once in awhile.


Coral Color Bomb www.toyastales.blogspot.com #coral #motd #makeuptrends #fashionblogger #beautytrends


Makeup Details: 

Foundation - Maybelline Fit Me Matte & Poreless in Cappuccino (Buy Here) 
Pressed Powder - NYC Smooth Skin in Translucent (Buy Here) 
Eyeshadow - NYX Eyeshadow Trio in Copper/Rust/Bronze (Buy Here) 
Eyebrows - NYX Auto Eyebrow Pencil in Brown (Buy Here) 
Mascara - Revlon Custom Eyes in Blackest Black (Buy Here) 
Eyeliner - Sephora Kohl Pencil in Intense Black (Buy Here) 
Lipstick - e.l.f Moisturizing Lipstick in Coral Cutie (Buy Similar Color Here) and L.A. Colors Lipstick in Tropical (Buy Here)


Coral Color Bomb www.toyastales.blogspot.com #coral #motd #makeuptrends #fashionblogger #beautytrends


Thank you for stopping by. Feel free to visit me on social media at: 


Comments

  1. You look beautiful in coral! I have tried coral and it's just hard for me to find the right shade so it looks like coral. This is perfect on you!

    http://www.mylittlenest.org

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ruth! I had to combine and layer color from the eyeshadow trio to get the desired effect.

      Delete
  2. Nice smil dear!
    Emma
    www.emmalovesfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice hair and smile :)
    www.tinachic.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tina! I added some extensions to try a different look.

      Delete
  4. You look beautiful, coral suits you ever so nicely. Very warming!

    Laura xo
    www.shehearts.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Laura! the warming effect was the most appealing thing about this makeup look.

      Delete
  5. Beautiful smile and nice lipstick color! It suits you perfectly!

    http://violettedaily.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I am going to try to wear it more often.

      Delete
  6. Coral is a wonderful colour! I love wearing it as well, especially in summer. The lipstick looks really great on you!

    Christina ♥ https://caliope-couture.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think the lipstick shades are the most wearable on a daily basis out of the whole makeup look.

      Delete
  7. You look absolutely beautiful with this coral makeup look! I love the coral eyes, they make your eyes pop and the lipstick looks amazing on you as well and brings focus to those pearly whites. Seriously though, how do you get your teeth so perfectly white?! Lol! It can definitely be easy to slip into a makeup rut because we're often on the go and it's just easier to grab what we know works, but every once in a while, it's good to try something new, which could possibly become apart of our new daily routine/look! Thanks for sharing such beautiful inspiration, girl, and I hope you're having a great week so far!

    XO,

    Jalisa
    www.thestylecontour.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was a little timid to try the coral eyes at first. It has been so long since I experimented with color and I didn't want to make a mess of it. I was pleasantly surprised it came out better than I expected. I also like how it brightened up my eyes and made me appear younger.

      Delete
  8. Loving these pretty warm tones- coral is such a good summer color!

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree. Coral is perfect for summer and highlighting a tan.

      Delete
  9. I love this look. I think that lip color is so pretty on you. You definitely look like you are having fun. Love the hair too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I was having so much fun with the makeup and extensions.

      Delete
  10. your eyes looks sooo pretty :) cute style

    NEW POST

    Check out my ♥Instagram ,Bloglovin

    Stay Gold

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I have small eyes but I think the coral color opened them up a bit.

      Delete
  11. I love it! Your hair looks great too!

    -Lena ( also smooshart on Polyvore)
    L.E.N.A | Revealed
    .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey another Polyvorian in the house, lol! Thank you for checking my blog out and for the lovely compliments.

      Delete
  12. Aw, this is so cute. You rock coral, girl!

    http://www.myclusterofthoughts.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you Katherine. I'm trying my best to rock the shade.

      Delete
  13. I like orangey shade of lipsticks too and this one fits the bill for me :)

    www.busyandfab.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm usually not into glossy or moisturizing shades but the combination of the two lipsticks made the perfect color. Since it is a sheer formulation you may need to layer it to get your desired intensity.

      Delete
  14. This looks really pretty on you LaToya! Have a lovely weekend hun.

    Gemma x
    www.jacquardflower.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Gemma! I hope you are enjoying your week so far.

      Delete
  15. you look awesome darling!

    http://cheremimi.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Coral suits you so well, LaToya and please more makeup posts from you! You look absolutely lovely!

    Shireen⎜Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, you look great, and I cannot tell you are 38. You look amazing, but I know you adore your burgundy lipstick, yet this softer colour on you is a wonderful one as well! Happy weekend! <3 Happy Birthday if I don't get a chance to tell you!
    FASHION TALES

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the color on you! So pretty :)

    www.tipsyheelz.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Coral truly is a gorgeous colour, and especially at this time of year! Your makeup looks really beautiful; the shade suits you!

    aglassofice.com
    x

    ReplyDelete
  20. You look pretty. I love coral color at summer time too 😊
    deriasworld.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love the warm eye shadow! It looks super flattering on you.

    ♥ Paula Shoe Fiend.
    http://shoe-fiend.blogspot.co.nz/

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love this post.
    xo

    New post:http://blondepow.blogspot.com/2017/08/como-llevar-las-unas-esta-temporada.html
    Blog:http://blondepow.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. You have a great smile and I love that lip color on you!!

    Tina
    www.justatinabit.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. You have such a beautiful smile! Love your makeup! Nicely done! And the coral lipstick shade suits you really well! :) Have a wonderful week ahead! :)
    xx
    Shivangi
    www.outoncatwalk.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love your makeup and your smile. Tomorrow is your birthday! How will you celebrate it? Happy birthday in advance!
    X
    Miri
    http://currentlywearing.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. You're so beautiful!
    Have a nice week!
    Gil Zetbase

    ReplyDelete
  27. Even though burgundy works for you, this is a great alternative Toya. That happens to me when seasons change. Just when I get used to wearing darks, its's time to lighten up. You have such a lovely smile!

    http://www.fashionablyidu.com/2017/08/floral-skater-dress.html

    ReplyDelete
  28. How cute is your hairdo!
    And I love your make up so much,
    you look so pretty :D

    take a look at my BLOG and also INSTAGRAM

    ReplyDelete
  29. Gorgeous! I love this lip color on you and you have a beautiful smile,
    Julia x
    http://www.thevelvetrunway.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

November Finds - 7 Colorful Coats