Work It - Office Style (Black, White and Yellow)

When I first saw this image of this inspiring office space by interior designer Abbe Finemore I was slightly taken aback by the yellow accents. Only because I was not used to seeing that particular hue used in a work environment before. After sitting and looking at the picture for awhile I realized that I really liked it after getting used to the idea. Yellow is a bright and energetic color which is really perfect for when you are trying to get work done. It will most definitely keep you awake during the midday slump, and the black wall color grounds the whole room so the yellow does not overwhelm the space.

Work It - Office Style (Black, White and Yellow)
Interior designer Abbe Fenimore of Studio Ten/25
So I started to wonder if I could style an outfit for work using the same color scheme without it being too overpowering for the work environment. To my surprise it worked surprisingly well. The key is just using the yellow as an accent color and making sure to keep the look really streamlined. I never knew a bit of yellow could be so sophisticated.

Work It - Office Style (Black, White and Yellow)

Work It - Office Style (Black, White and Yellow) by latoyacl featuring a yellow handbag 


Marks and Spencer Collection Mini Dogtooth Print Belted Shift Dress (Buy Here) 
Cedric Charlier Color Block Bag (Buy Here) 
Casadei Mesh Paneled Suede Ankle Boots (Buy Here) 






Humble Chic NY

Comments

  1. Love the yellow details ☺
    Nati xx
    www.simplyartdicted.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. great article

    http://www.queenhorsfall.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how this office inspired you to create a work outfit. The dark walls of the room definitely make the yellow accents pop. I could totally see myself working in that space wearing that gorgeous outfit!!
    ~Lili
    www.thefashionsalt.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Interior space are one of my favorite subjects to draw inspiration from.

      Delete
  4. How awesome! Love the yellow pop. Thanks for the inspiration.
    Kisses, Raysa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome. I always love to have at least one pop of color in an outfit.

      Delete
  5. The yellow does look lovely. I'm loving it.

    http://fashionablyidu.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks awesome! Great post!
    Xoxo,
    Love from www.trangscorner.com {a lifestyle, fashion, beauty, and food blog}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I appreciate the sentiment. Thank you!

      Delete
  7. Loving the look!
    Dora www.bangsbang.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful colour combination!
    Have a lovely weekend :)
    Rosanna x
    Rose's Rooftop

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I usually do not work with black, yellow and white in fear o looking like a taxi but in this case it worked.

      Delete
  9. I agree, yellow is a surprising choice and yet seeing this, it's made me wonder why it's not used more often when it comes to interior design! What a cheerful and lively office space :)

    aglassofice.com
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think a lot of people are afraid of how bold and bright yellow is so they stay away from it in interior spaces. I always loved it. I once painted my bathroom a bright yellow and it always made me smile when I walked into that room.

      Delete
  10. awesome!
    xoxo
    Patinka
    www.patinkasworld.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. awesome!
    xoxo
    Patinka
    www.patinkasworld.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great inspirations! Yellow details are unusually but very cool!
    xxx
    S
    http://s-fashion-avenue.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yellow details are unusual but somehow works in this space.

      Delete
  13. Great inspiration!! :)

    www.maggiealamode.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your're right, the yellow accents are unusual in this environment but beautiful!
    Christina ♥ https://caliope-couture.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great inspiration!
    Have a nice week-end!
    Gil Zetbase
    http://gilzetbase.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great outfit for a great office look
    Lovin the sheer details on the shoes

    The Bandwagon Chic | Instagram | Bloglovin | Snapchat: bandwagonchic

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. The mesh detail drew me to the shoe as well.

      Delete
  17. I love this post! Thanks for sharing!

    Check out my new blog update: FREEDOM JAPANESE MARKET: MARCH BOX REVIEW @OHIAMIHT BLOG

    xx Mai

    ReplyDelete
  18. I’m in love! This is so beautiful. Hope you have an amazing new week!

    Style For Mankind
    Facebook
    Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and I hope you have a great week as well.

      Delete
  19. I love the color scheme! Sometimes I see interiors that I love, but never thought to create an outfit based off of it. Great idea! The yellow bag provides the perfect pop of color :)

    Mili

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I draw inspiration from the most unusual places and interior spaces are one of my favorite subjects to draw inspiration from.

      Delete
  20. Such a clean and lovely space. I would love to have the same beautiful interiors to inspire me more when working.
    ❤ There's More to Mica // www.micadeleon.com / Instagram

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree. If this way my home office I would be inspired.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

November Finds - 7 Colorful Coats