The Home Advantage - Modern Sophistication

The Home Advantage - Modern Sophistication
Catherine Kwong Design

When I saw this beautiful dining room designed by interior designer Catherine Kwong I became inspired. I usually have a love/ hate relationship with modern design. I love the sculptural elements and it's sleek uncluttered nature, but I hate that modern design can sometimes come off as too sharp, masculine and cold. I am usually drawn to modern spaces that incorporate color, textural elements, curves and rounded edges. That was why her design perfectly suited my aesthetic. Since I was so inspired by Ms. Kwong's design I decided to use that inspiration for today's home set. I kept the original spirit of her design but I incorporated furniture that fit my decorating style.



The Home Advantage - Modern Sophistication

The Home Advantage - Modern Sophistication by latoyacl featuring a gold leaf table 


Cielo 3 Light Gold Small Chandelier (Buy Here) 
Meteor Shower Framed Art (Buy Here) 
Worlds Away Amanda Gold Leaf Basketweave Dining Table (Buy Here) 
Calvin Top Grain Black Leather Art Deco Chair (Buy Here) 







JewelryCandles.com - A Hidden Jewel Inside Every Candle!

Comments

  1. Sometimes modern designs can come across as cold too so these are refreshing to see!

    Shireen | Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. I think a bit of color adds some warmth.

      Delete
  2. lindos : )
    lanibelezafeminina.blogspot.com.br

    ReplyDelete
  3. i also have a love-hate relationship with modern interior design because sometimes, I love how simple and sleek it is but then sometimes I hate that it is so simple. haha. But what you put together here is very nice. I love the gold leaf dining table so much! :) Anyway, I hope you can visit my blog too and follow if you like. Have a nice day! :))

    xoxo, rae
    http://www.raellarina.net/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree it can look to simple and sparse. I am not a fan of the designs that feature one piece of furniture in a room. I like a layered modern interior.

      Delete
  4. Your blog is so cool LaToya! xx
    And your decor style matches mine :) This room is soon luxe

    kandja xx
    www.prettyweirdbombshell.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kandja. I checked out your blog as well and am loving what I'm reading. Keep up the good work.
      LaToya
      www.toyastales.blogspot.com

      Delete
  5. I love the gold details!
    Dora www.BangsBang.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do too. I think the gold warms up the room and adds visual interest.

      Delete
  6. Lovely post, dear! Have a nice day .x

    http://www.fayeisabella.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and I hope your day goes well.

      Delete
  7. Amazing inspirations :)
    Have a good day :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I hope you enjoy your day as well.

      Delete
  8. I'm not a big fan of modern style, but I really like your take on it. Bringing in those beautiful gold pieces definitely adds warmth to the room.
    ~Lili
    www.thefashionsalt.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Generally I have a more eclectic style with modern elements but I was drawn to the inspiration space.

      Delete
  9. This is lovely - I prefer classic and cosy but this is beautiful too!

    Layla xx

    http://www.sprinklesofstyle.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree a classic approach has a timeless appeal but I am also drawn to the unexpected nature of modern interiors and the innovative designs.

      Delete
  10. I agree that is beautiful. I do love the dining table you choose the most

    Tiana-xtrafabb.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved the table because of the gold leaf and basket weave details. It was very appealing.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

November Finds - 7 Colorful Coats