When Art and Fashion Collide - Claude Monet

This set was inspired by a painting in Claude Monet's Water Lilies Series. I wanted the final look to capture the serene and colorful qualities of the painting. I found this Izabel London dress that mimicked the painting's dark background highlighted with vibrant colors. 
Whenever I look at this work of art, the blues and pops of pink always captures my eye. So I decided to use those colors in the accessories that I paired with the dress.
Fashion inspiration can strike at any time. I try to roll with it and see where it takes me. Today, it's art. Tomorrow, who knows?


When Art and Fashion Collide - Claude Monet


Izabel London bird dress
$66 - houseoffraser.co.uk



L K Bennett blue suede purse
$290 - lkbennett.com



Voluminous mascara
rimmellondon.com


Hair Edgy and Seductive
pinterest.com

Comments

  1. I have always loved Monet's work. I love how you were inspired by his paintings as they were translated into fashion. The pink sandals caught my eye so I wanted to view more. I have to say the It Malt Be Love Wedge in Blueberry is pretty nice shade of blue! What do you think of Jackson Pollack?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Susan! When I was in middle school learning about his work I wasn't too impressed. Like a lot of people I was suffering from the illusion that what he did was elementary and easy. Many years later, after studying art and his work in particular I realized how intricate his work was and how he was the master of controlled chaos. His work appears impulsive, but his method was very precise. You have to have a lot of planning and control to paint like he did. I found that out the hard way in high school by trying to replicate his style, and trust me, it looked nothing like his work. So now, I admire his technique and methods.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Marni Madder Print Dress