Glow Girl Glow - How To Achieve The Perfect Bronze Glow
If your skin has been a little depressed-looking these makeup tips will be all you need to perk up your look. It's only a few things you have to keep in mind when choosing a bronzer. Choose a formula slightly deeper than your skin tone, apply it only to key areas, and top it with a pink-toned blush to make cheeks look sun-kissed. I tend to find that a matte, powder version works best. To further boost skin's radiance add an iridescent highlighter to the inner corners of eyes and cheekbones. Applying warm colors to the rest of the face will enhance the glow.
1) Start with clean moisturized skin. Using a synthetic foundation brush, sweep foundation on the forehead, cheeks, nose, and chin. Blend upward over the rest of the face.
2) Pat concealer under the eyes and on blemishes with your ring finger. Using a fluffy brush, dust loose translucent powder on the center of the forehead, down the nose, and on the chin.
3) Swirl a bronzer brush in a matte powder bronzer that's slightly deeper than your skin tone. Tap most of the bronzer off the brush. Lightly skim it across the forehead, cheeks, and nose.
4) Using a blush brush, apply a pink-toned powder blush to the apple of each cheek and blend it up the cheekbones. (Peach blush can make the golden tones in the bronzer look slightly orange.)
5) With your index finger, sparingly apply an iridescent champagne shade of liquid or cream highlighter to the tops of the cheekbones and the inner corner of each eye. Blend well with fingers.
6) Swipe a shimmery taupe eyeshadow across lids up to the crease. Curl lashes and apply one coat of a lengthening mascara. Slick on a tinted lip balm in a shade a bit deeper than your natural lip color.