In Her Own League

I decided to challenge myself when creating today's outfit of the day. I am not usually a big fan of athletic sportswear, but I wanted to see if I could overcome my aversion by mixing it up a bit. While looking around for inspiration I came across this beautiful image of Joan Smalls, and right away I knew I found my starting point. What I loved about this image was that she was rocking very glam makeup with a sporty bandanna. Which I felt was a pretty cool juxtaposition. It had equal amounts of sugar and spice. Working along that theme I found a cute Cheryl Always Slogan Baseball Tee from boohoo.com for only $20 that would contrast perfectly with a pleated skirt from Topshop. The accessories were the hard part. The key was making sure that they did not look like costume accessories. I love the movie " A League Of Their Own" but did not want to put together an outfit that an extra would wear on the set. So when I saw these Atlas Cut Out Booties from Reed Krakoff I thought they would be perfect. The leather and suede color blocking reminded me of a softball and would be the stand out piece in the outfit. The finishing touch was a fab Rebecca Minkoff Satchel.
This outfit was in a league of it's own.

In Her Own League


Boohoo t shirt
boohoo.com


Topshop mini skirt
topshop.com


Reed Krakoff cutout bootie
reedkrakoff.com


Rebecca Minkoff red purse
rebeccaminkoff.com


What Will Catch My Eye
pinterest.com






Shop for 2014 NFL Breast Cancer Awareness Fan Gear

Comments

  1. I'm not usually a fan of athletic wear either, but this outfit is fabulous. I love how ladylike it is with just subtle hints of sportswear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Myra has summed that up rather well actually.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am really loving that you made this sporty look so girly but adding that gorgeous pleated skirt and fabulous heels! Love the mix of sporty and feminine together!

    Rebecca
    www.winnipegstyle.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rebecca. It was the only way to balance out the sporty elements for me.

      Delete
  4. This certainly does look like some sporty chic wear - something I can easily imagine Beyoncé in for some reason XD And me too! I love the cute combo of that dress and skirt ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never thought about seeing Beyonce in a similar look, but I can feel it.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Marni Madder Print Dress