My September 2016 Hair And Makeup Update

Hello lovelies! It is the middle of the week and I'm trying to keep a smile on my face since it is almost the weekend. Last week seemed to pass so quickly for me and this week is just dragging along. As I promised a couple of months ago I am trying to feature myself a little more on my blog so I can occasionally break out of my introverted shell and hopefully through this process I can connect more with my readers. 

My September 2016 Hair And Makeup Update www.toyastales.blogspot.com

In July I wrote a post showcasing my natural hair (which is curly/kinky) and explained how I maintained it and featured some of the products I used to keep it as healthy as possible. You can read more about it (here). Today I'm showing you how I usually wear it when I straighten it out. The products I use is basically the same except I skip the step using mousse. The only thing I do differently styling wise is to blow dry it with the aid of my fingers (no comb) and afterwards I run a flat iron through it with the temperature set no higher than 325 degrees. Anything higher will burn and damage my hair.

My September 2016 Hair And Makeup Update www.toyastales.blogspot.com

As for my makeup I did do a little bit more than usual just for the sake of these pictures. Plus I figured you guys would like to see me wearing a different lipstick color than my usually vampy burgundy shade.  
Makeup Products Used : 
Foundation - Maybelline Superstay Better Skin Foundation in Coconut (Buy Here) mixed with Maybelline Dream Fresh BB Cream in Deep Sheer Tint (Buy Here) 
Face Powder - NYC Smooth Skin Loose Powder (Buy Here) 
Blush - elf Blush Palette in Light (Buy Here) 
Highlighter - NYX Mosaic Powder (Buy Here)
Eye Shadow - elf Brightening Eye Color (No Longer Available) and NYX Triple Shadows in Ceramic (Buy Here) 
Eyeliner - Sephora Crayon Kohl Pencil (Buy Here) 
Mascara - Loreal Telescopic Explosion Mascara in Carbon Black (Buy Here) 
Lip Color - ColourPop Utra Matte in Creeper (Buy Here) 

My September 2016 Hair And Makeup Update www.toyastales.blogspot.com

I am getting a little bit more used to showcasing myself on my blog and I was a lot more comfortable this time around compared to some of my previous attempts. I guess practice makes perfect but in all honesty I think it because I'm wearing my fashion security blanket which if you are regular reader of my blog then you know I am referring to my love of stripes.

My September 2016 Hair And Makeup Update www.toyastales.blogspot.com

Thank goodness tomorrow is Friday! Hopefully you have a relaxing and fun weekend. In the comments section below let me know if you have anything exciting planned.






A complete 20-piece eyeshadow wardrobe in one chic tarteist™ palette.






Comments

  1. You look gorgeous! Love the lipstick x

    www.sandrafsilva.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sandra! I'm getting used to the shade but since it is fall again I will probably go back to my usual burgundy fave.

      Delete
  2. Beautiful you, keep smiling becauses it fits you. Have a fantastic weekend ahead.

    www.tessyonyia.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great to see you and you have such a pretty smile

    www.tipsyheelz.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Trina! I need some of your camera skills so I can take some better pictures.

      Delete
  4. Beautiful!

    http://iameleine.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great pictures and selection of products!
    Have a lovely weekend :)
    Rosanna x
    Rose's Rooftop

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow...your hair is pretty.

    Wendee//theglossychic.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Wendee! I'm trying to get it to grow a couple of inches before the year is over.

      Delete
  7. Sorry to hear this week has been dragging for you - though time to relax now, it's the weekend! I love your ColourPop lip shade by the way :)

    aglassofice.com
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Gabrielle! I know some people have a love hate relationship with Colourpop but I have only had great results with them but I have only bought their lip products.

      Delete
  8. Thanks so much for the comment on my latest post
    it means so much to be and Iwanted to say THANK YOU in a more personal way.
    you are amazing.

    with love your AMELY ROSE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem Amely and thank you for the personal touch!

      Delete
  9. You look great and you should come out of your security blanket life's to short. Hair and make-up looking gooooood! :)

    www.juanitalikes.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. You look GORGEOUS, LaToya! I love your hair and your striped top! I definitely look forward to seeing you in more posts, it definitely creates a deeper connection. I hope you have the most amazing weekend ahead, may our Friday go fast, haha!

    XO,

    Jalisa
    www.thestylecontour.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol you noticed the stripes. Thank you for the lovely compliment!

      Delete
  11. You look great. Your hair and makeup are flawless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Toinette! I really appreciate your continued support.

      Delete
  12. Amazing :)

    NEW BLOG ! please follow me : YOUNG BLOG

    ReplyDelete
  13. Pretty!
    xx
    http://losaway.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am so happy to see you featuring yourself more on your blog, LaToya. Love the makeup and I love that Telescopic mascara too! I really need to repurchase though.

    Shireen | Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the mascara because I have really short lashes and it works well without clumping and adding too much product.

      Delete
  15. What a lovely post and it's nice to see you coming out of your shell hun! xx

    http://www.thatnewdress.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. You look great. Your makeup is gorgeous!:) Maybe you want to follow each other? Let me know on my blog. Kisses:)
    http://aboutbeautybysonia.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. You are so pretty!!! <3 - http://www.domesticgeekgirl.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. You are so beautiful LaToya. Great idea to feature yourself more. I must have missed the post showing your natural hair but this is lovely. You have the best smile too. I love this. More posts like this por favor, LOL.

    http://www.fashionablyidu.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will try to oblige but I have hated taking pictures since I was a child and my mother used to dress me up like a Victorian baby doll. Every time I see a camera I head in the opposite direction.

      Delete
  19. Love the lip color!
    Dora www.BangsBang.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great look!
    Have a nice week-end!
    Gil Zetbase
    http://gilzetbase.com/

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful look!

    Kisses, DadieB. ~
    dadiebradshaw.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. lovely!
    if u want we can follow each other :)
    let me know!
    http://highheelpoodl.blogspot.rs/2016/09/kylie-lip-kits-true-brown-k-and-dolce-k.html

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'm really glad to see you, LaToya! You have a beautiful smile! It would be great to see your outfit posts^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Solya! I would like to show more outfit post but I have to find someone to take the pics for me.

      Delete
  24. Oh, I must have missed this post. You look gorgeous! I love the top and your makeup looks lovely. <3
    FASHION TALES

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Marni Madder Print Dress