Hemlines

Hemlines ... long ... short? With the weather changing is it too cold to go short? These are the questions running through my head as I clear my summer clothes out of my closet, and usher in my fall/winter wardrobe. Certain pieces, such as short skirts, have me pondering if they can transition from summer to fall. After thinking about it for awhile I decided that they most definitely can find a place in my fall wardrobe. 
The key is making sure that a short skirt doesn't come across to lightweight for the weather. It needs a bit of substance to make it work for fall. For starters I think hair and makeup should be elegant and simple so it doesn't read too schoolgirl or kiddish. I love a turtleneck paired with a short skirt because it adds much needed coverage when you are showing off so much leg. And for days when you are feeling a little more modest just add some tights or tall boots for added warmth and style.



Hemlines


VILA top
$50 - vila.com


River Island faux leather skirt
$45 - riverisland.com


Nine west boots
ninewest.com



Patterns
polyvore.com


Comments

  1. This look is great LaToya, up there with all my other favourites.

    Nice skirts like this are always more attractive than jeans and as you rightly say, they can still be worn in winter. Just wear tights/leggings too. That's perfectly OK from this blokes point of view...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree Ray. I prefer skirts and dresses, even though I feature jeans a lot( at my readers request).

      Delete
  2. I still wear skirt even though there are days it's too darn cold here but I pair it with leggings. I think it's pretty chic and it keeps me warm too!

    Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes adding leggings or stockings are a good idea in chillier climates.

      Delete
  3. These are great tips for transitioning short skirts for cooler weather. Beautiful set, as always!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would agree that at times it is pretty hard to know what to wear for Autumn or not. One day it can be reasonably warm here - and the next freezing. Loving the hair and make up for this one. The books and skirt seem like something I would wear myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The weather is crazy as well in Wisconsin. You need to have options to deal with the changes.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

November Finds - 7 Colorful Coats