Pedestrian Crossing

Today's set was inspired by a painting by Wang Ling titled " Hong Kong ". What drew me to the painting was how it captured urban life in a setting unknown to me, but how there are certain elements that will always be a constant in any industrialized land. I was also visually drawn to the rail lines. For some reason it stuck with me and I started thinking about all of the various pedestrian crossing signs. I wondered how I could translate the essence of the painting into an outfit.This dress by Edun captured the dreariness of the rainy day, and the stark lines of the signage and rail lines. The leather jacket and accessories captured the toughness and the hard edges of the urban setting.

Pedestrian Crossing

Comments

  1. Hi dear and thank you for your visit!!! This leather jacket its really amazing!!! I have a new post at my blog. Do you want to tell me what do you think? Kisses,
    Eni

    http://eniwherefashion.blogspot.it/
    https://www.facebook.com/eniwherefashion

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting Eni. I hopped on over to your blog and left you a note or two.

      Delete
  2. That dress is stunning, very chic! But oh my goodness, it's CAD770... :-(

    Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This one is a pretty expensive look, but I was more focused on capturing the feel of the painting instead of the price tag. My next post is more budget friendly.

      Delete
  3. I rather like this look. The dress on its own reminds me of 1960's fashion, which is good. Perhaps it's the stripes. Perhaps it's the length. However when I visualise this outfit as a whole, it's very modern. Ideal for the city.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't even realize until you mentioned it that the Edun dress does have a 1960's graphic vibe going for it. I think it's the stripes as you mentioned.

      Delete
  4. I love the idea you had here of putting a painting into an outfit. I also like the art piece a lot as well, and would agree that there are always elements that will be the same in every industrialised land. I liked the dress and the jacket in the outfit and think they match up so well. You are so clever for doing this ^.^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I try to do sets combining my love of art and fashion every so often to remind me why I was drawn to both in the first place.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Marni Madder Print Dress