Weathered Coastal Living Bedroom Inspiration

" Smell the sea and feel the sky, let your soul and spirit fly "
- Van Morrison

The song lyrics above by Van Morrison and this cottage on the Norwegian island of Vega which was built by Kolman Boy Architects is what served as inspiration for today's set. What I love most about that home image were the soothing blues and how weathered the home appears. I thought it was very cool in a really subtle way. I tend to gravitate to more bolder colors but looking at this image made me just want to chill and relax. Which is the perfect feeling to have when decorating a bedroom. You want to be able to go to your own personal sanctuary to decompress in style, and today's sets provides you with some great basics to get you started.

Coastal Living Bedroom Inspiration

Coastal Living Bedroom Inspiration by latoyacl featuring John Robshaw

Room And Board Bennett Bed (Buy Here)
Room And Board Bennett Nightstand (Buy Here)
John Robshaw Nila Pillow (Buy Here) 
Crestview Collection Beach Wall Art (Buy Here) 









Comments

  1. Weathered Coastal is one of my husband's favorites! After years now I found myself becoming a big fan of it too. Maybe when I am aging more so I can appreciate this type of beauty. Lol! Great picks!
    Take care and keep in touch!
    Please stop by today for Color and Grace Fashion link up! :)
    Grace
    http://colorandgrace.com 

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a more sedated mature vibe. I agree that I could retire and be happy in such surroundings when I'm older.

      Delete
  2. Ohhh, I love these cause they are just right up my alley! I gravitate more towards neutral tones so these are seriously lovely.

    Shireen | Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I usually gravitate towards more vibrant colors or bold prints but I have a soft spot for coastal decor.

      Delete
  3. I love this selection too LaToya. The colour, which I call 'weathered wood', probably won't look very different in moonlight. I think it would be a great bedroom...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree and it will not cause decorating issues between couples which is an added bonus.

      Delete
  4. wonderful decor inspiration....there is nothing like living on the coast!!!!

    http://modaodaradosti.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can only dream to live in a coastal environment. One day maybe ...fingers crossed!

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Thank you! I hope you have a lovely day too!

      Delete
  6. Hi Toya and thank you for stopping at my blog!!! I like very much this style and these colors! Today I have a new post on my blog! If you want, take a look at my blog and let me know what you think.....Have a nice day, kisses from Italy,
    Eni

    Eniwhere Fashion
    Eniwhere Fashion Facebook

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

November Finds - 7 Colorful Coats