Beauty And The Beat - Darling You Are Fabulous

Hello lovelies! Today I'm going to get a little bit personal. Over the five years or so that I have had my blog I rarely center my daily post around myself because my mission has always been to celebrate and showcase the beautiful things that have captured my attention whether it pertains to fashion, beauty, interiors or art. My blog has always been part shopping guide, inspirational and aspirational. It has never been a personal style blog but occasionally I will feature myself if I feel moved to share something and today is one of those days. Over the last several years the dialogue has started to shift on what is considered "beautiful". Unfortunately for decades the media, advertisers, fashion designers and magazines have consistently only shown a very specific and narrow definition of who they considered beautiful which made many women feel like they were not worthy because a majority of us did not fit the mold or were discouraged because they never saw anyone like them represented. When bloggers came into prominence we started to change the conversation because we represented a diverse group of beauties that more people could relate to. As the blogosphere has grown over the years I have been very pleased to see the wide array of women who feel confident enough to share their thoughts, style and unique points of view. Now the world is starting to take notice and it has even forced magazines and advertisers to change their approach and to start showcasing a variety of women from different backgrounds, ethnicity and body sizes. My message to you today is, " Darling you are fabulous "! No matter what people say you have to know this and believe this for yourself because the world will not do it for you. We have to learn to love everything about ourselves in order to pass that message on to our daughters, mothers, sisters and friends. We have to learn to shake off the negativity and own who we are with our heads held high. For today's post I am practicing what I preach and showcasing my basic makeup routine. I am known to notoriously avoid the camera because I am an extremely private person but in order to spread my positive message of self love I had to lead by example. So I urge you today to say f*ck it and shake the haters off !!!



Beauty And The Beat - Darling You Are Fabulous  www.toyastales.blogspot.com

Beauty And The Beat - Darling You Are Fabulous by latoyacl featuring Maybelline  



Maybelline SuperStay Better Skin Foundation in Coconut (Buy Here) 
NYC Smooth Skin Loose Powder Foundation (Buy Here) 
Sephora Collection Long Lasting Kohl Pencil (Buy Here) 
Maybelline Lash Sensational Luscious Mascara (Buy Here) 
Colourpop Ultra Matte Lips in LAX (Buy Here)  







728x90 Vinoperfect

Comments

  1. Loving your messaging babe! You are fabulous too! I agree that it is so important to love yourself and take care of yourself. I just shared something similar on Instagram today because I find that to be so important. Have a great rest of the week babe!

    xoxo
    Rina
    http://www.andshedressed.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rina. It is very important for us to share the love and uplift other women.

      Delete
  2. I love and respect you for this, LaToya and thank you for delivering this powerful message. You're a gorgeous woman and yes, screw the haters and be confident with yourself. Love that picture of you and hope you'll showcase yourself more here. xx

    Shireen | Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Shireen for your words of encouragement. I can't promise you that I will feature myself a lot but I will try once in awhile to come out of hiding.

      Delete
  3. First time visiting your blog and I find this beautiful message delivered for a gorgeous and powerful woman. I applaude you for making such a statement and for preaching self love to anyone who's reading this. Thanks a lot. <3
    xx

    www.stylebydeb.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome. I think messaging is important especially when you have a platform like ours. For a long time a lot of us felt left out or dismissed by the beauty and fashion world so I'm trying to reinforce positive messaging for everyone.

      Delete
  4. Such a great read! Thanks for sharing your thoughts. Have a nice day!
    xx
    cvetybaby.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Everyone once in awhile I get a chance to spread some love and share my thoughts.

      Delete
  5. You look stunning! Such a beautiful smile :) I agree that we all deserve to feel beautiful and I really hope that bloggers are helping to change societies ridiculous expectations

    Rachel xx
    http://www.thedailyluxe.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think we bloggers are opening up a whole new world for women and teens. We are showcasing a wide variety of beauty and fashion styles.

      Delete
  6. Screw the haters. I would love to see more of yourself on here! I never realized how important it is to love myself until I had my daughter. And I still struggle everyday, but she is worth it. And I am too.

    Linda, Libra, Loca: Beauty, Baby and Backpacking

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree you both are worth it and it is worth the battle. I will try to come out of the shadows and feature myself more than i did in the past.

      Delete
  7. Love the positive message you're spreading! It's so important to love yourself :)
    xo
    Siffat
    http://icingandglitter.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Siffat. I totally agree! Sending good vibes your way.

      Delete
  8. Oh, LaToya, you are GORGEOUS, girl! For as long as I've been visiting your blog, I don't ever recall seeing a photo of you, so I'm happy to be able to put a (beautiful) face to the blog! I love and appreciate the message you're sharing in this post. Though we have come a long way in the beauty and fashion world, as well as society, new pressures do continue to evolve, but now t's based on what we see or perceive others who are like us have or don't have. So, I think this message is extremely important, as we ALL need a reminder from time to time that we're beautiful and special regardless of how we may feel at the moment. Everyone experiences a moment when they don't feel good enough, so remembering your words will make all the difference; I smiled from ear to ear reading the entire post! Thanks so much for sharing and darling, YOU are beautiful! ;) I hope you have the most amazing day!

    XO,

    Jalisa
    www.thestylecontour.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jalisa! I'm glad that I could make you smile at the end of the day that's the positive vibes I was trying to send out. Lol, I know I hardly feature myself . I think the last time I posted a personal picture was over 2 or 3 years ago.

      Delete
  9. Beautiful and positive post, you beautiful lady x
    Gemma
    www.jacquardflower.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Gemma. We need a lot more positivity in the world.

      Delete
  10. adorei a mensagem, bjs : )
    http://lanibelezafeminina.blogspot.com.br/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I hope you have a lovely week!

      Delete
  11. Such an awesome post! So important to love yourself!
    http://yasminanicole.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It most definitely is important to love ourselves. It is the most important thing we will do in our lifetime because it affects the outcome of so many things in life.

      Delete
  12. ''Darling you are faculous''! Love this message! We must always feel good about ourselves and love us!

    Yiota
    PinkDaisyLoves

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes we most definitely do and most importantly we must spread the message along to the people we love and care for.

      Delete
  13. Great post dear :) <3
    http://tinachic.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great post, I loved reading this!!
    Have a lovely weekend :)
    Rosanna x
    Rose's Rooftop

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you enjoyed it. It's cool when I can connect with my fellow bloggers and share in the sisterhood of self love and positivity.

      Delete
  15. I couldn't agree more with your message! There really needs to be more positivity out there when it comes to body image and self love. Loving your makeup look - very elegant and timeless.
    Christina ♥ https://caliope-couture.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. My makeup routine hasn't changed much since high school but it works since it was a classic look anyway. In my twenties I experimented all of the time with makeup but when I got into my thirties I realized what worked for me and stuck with it. I agree with you there really should be more positive messages out there. I know I get tired of reading and seeing negative imagery and it is always a welcome relief when I come across something that makes me smile, uplifts or encourages me.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

November Finds - 7 Colorful Coats